Split hinterland

Destinations Central Dalmatia

Bunar, Lećevica, Izvor: Vanja Pivčević

In this region are visible numerous traces of a modest life in the past. Around the parish churches were developed villages, as in Muć Donji (Little Lady) and Muć Gornji (Sv. Petar).

In Roman times, in the valley near Sinodium (between Promina and Muc) was a military camp Andetrium, as evidenced by the funerary monuments and architectural remains. Below the present church of St. Peter (1871) was revealed the foundations of an early Croatian church from the time of Prince Branimir.

In the church of St. Peter in the Muć was found the front of the altar piece (from the date 888) on which is mentioned the name of Prince Branimir.

The monuments of the municipality Primorski Dolac are classified into the following sections:

Prehistoric monuments - ruins, piles, caves

The medieval monuments - the remains of churches, cemeteries, tombstones

medieval fortresses

Modern church and cemetery

Cisterns and wells

The tower Znojilo is the prehistoric fort and medieval fortress located on a hill called Town on the border of Prgomet, Prapatnice and Primorski Dolac, south of the hamlet Bikic in Prgomet.

Between all this it is necessary to mention the Church of St. Anthony on the hill Glavica from the 18th century and the Church of St. Martin in the Upper Docu from the 17th century. 

Bunari, Lećevica, Izvor: Vanja Pivčević
Cazin, Dolac, Izvor: Vanja Pivčević

Cultural "Branimir 888" Muć was founded with the aim of preserving the traditions and customs of Muć region, Dalmatia and the entire Croatia. This cultural association in 1998 was named after the Croatian Prince Branimir who built the church of St. Mary in Muć (888.)

Cultural is the organizer of Folklore "The old chest is open" which, in cooperation with the Croatian Parliament of Culture organized during June.

Region offer